We are off road enthusiasts who enjoy the great outdoors and the adventure of exploring new places.

Many things make up a great expedition. The preparations and the planning, the camping, the travel, the camaraderie, meeting new friends, challenging trails and seeing new sights around every corner are just a few reasons we enjoy it so much.

We believe that we should be good stewards of the land by following the tenets of Tread Lightly, practicing low impact camping and encouraging others to do the same.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughts for the day

In planning this expedition, I often think of people who are an important part of my life that have an impact on me and what I enjoy.

One of those people, is my mom, Ruth Hiser, who lives in Long Beach, California.   She has traveled all over the world to places that many would not travel too.  She is one of the biggest supporters of this expedition Matt and I have taken on. She would go along if she could. 

I seem to have inherited that wandering adventurer spirit from her.  Of course, having a wonderful wife and family have been much more important than taking trips over the years.  I will be forever grateful to my wife, Vicki, for having the patience a wife needs to allow me to take a trip of this length.  Without her talents, understanding and support, this trip would be impossible.  Thanks Vic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment